GearSwitcher - Installation and Usage
Installation of GearSwitcher
Please note that GearSwitcher is not a full UI mod. It is a collection of XML files that can be installed into any other UI mod to add further functionality. Assuming you already have another UI mod installed, you can add the GearSwitcher UI mod to it by completing the steps given below.
Download the latest version of the mod from here.
Find the directory for your Vanguard installation. This may be in a location similar to these examples:
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Vanguard
Copy the entire GearSwitcher directory from the zip file
into the top level directory for your UI mod at:
Make sure your installation has a directory for chat log files.
This should be a "logs" directory under your main "Vanguard" directory.
If the directory is missing, create one at this location, i.e.:
Find the Index.xml file for your UI mod at:
Add the following lines to the bottom of your Index.xml file,
just above the final </XML> line.
<Window filename="GearSwitcher.xml" />
Alternatively, this mod is also available as an option with the InfoMap UI mod.
The zip file only contains the core XML file for the UI mod. You must now create the XML files for your characters and the sets of gear you wish to use. Go to the Generate XML Files page to do this.
- Use the buttons on the hotbar to open/close the banks of gear buttons and the main GearSwitcher UI window. There is a button on the main GearSwitcher UI window to toggle the status window on/off.
- The status window and the banks of gear buttons can be left open and saved as part of your UI layout if you wish.
- Buttons will only appear for characters and sets of gear which you have created XML files for.
- Double click the buttons slowly to change your gear. If the button stays red, the second click was too fast and was not accepted. Click the button again so that it turns back to green. (This is a deliberate mechanism put in place to ensure the commands do not fail.)
- The station sets only control the diplomacy equipment sheet. The custom sets can be used to control any or all of the adventuring, crafting, harvesting, diplomacy and appearance equipment sheets.
- All clothing equipment slots are included (if the equipment sheet is included). The held item is included on the dipomacy sheet. Primary/secondary weapons, ranged weapon and ammo are also included on the adventuring sheet. Tool and container slots are not included, i.e. crafting and harvesting tools, toolbelts, utility pouch, tacklebox and diplomacy container.
- Items can be switched between the adventuring and appearance sheets. However the mod requires up to 9 free spaces in your inventory/bags in order to do this, since the items must be removed then equipped in the alternative slots.
- Any equipments slots left empty when recording the log file will be emptied when switching to that set of gear (if the equipment sheet is included).
- Where diplomacy clothing items include a container these must be empty in order for the items to be removed.
- Similarly if a container is used in the ammo slot on the adventuring sheet this can only be swapped with the GearSwitcher mod if it is empty.
- You can change your sets of gear at any time. Just create new XML files to replace the previous ones in the GearSwitcher directory. You can remove sets by deleting their XML files.
- You can change which characters are using the mod at any time by creating a new GearSwitcherCharacters.xml file.
- Error messages such as "Could not find that item" are common when using the GearSwitcher mod and can be ignored. These occur because the mod cannot tell what gear you are currently wearing, so must always attempt to remove items from the conflicting adventuring/appearance slots first.
- The log files you upload are not keep on this website, nor is any information retained from them. This service is simply providing a parser to convert the data into XML files.