PoI Maps (v3.2)
This application displays maps of the Vanguard world of Telon, with ingame locations or "Points of Interest" (PoIs) from the database held on this site. The following features are available:
- Full size terrain maps of the continents, with both enhanced satellite maps and old style maps available.
- Individual maps for each zone with options to search for zones or select from a grid.
- Detailed city maps available for some cities.
- Search for PoIs in the database to display over the maps.
- Display PoIs from the database selected by categories.
- View the distribution of resources and mobs by tier.
- View PoIs from your own CustomPoINames.txt files with a filter to search your PoIs.
- Links to display a single PoI on the maps from an external source such as a forum post or an email.
- General map controls including zoom levels, zone names and coordinates, PoI totals and options for the PoI labels.
The application may also be used directly ingame via the InfoMap UI mod.
Select one of the maps below to start.
|Thestra||Kojan||Qalia||Isle of Dawn|
Each map may take a few seconds to load the first time you view it, however once your browser has cached the image it will load significantly faster in the future. It is recommended that you do not disable this caching or clear your browser's cache unnecessarily.
The following categories of PoIs are available:
For further details see the PoI Database page.
Options to generate links to external PoIs.
Details of recent updates, the To Do list and the development history of the PoI Maps can be found here.
Application In Use
Two examples of map views within the application.
|Continent Map for Thestra||Zone Map for Rhaz Inkur|
Most of the map window controls are self-evident, but here are a few extra details.
- There are three different modes: PoI Search, PoIs by Types and PoIs by Tiers. These different features cannot be used at the same time as each other. The options for PoI files can not be used with the PoIs by Tiers mode. The buttons for the different sub-menus will become available or disabled as appropriate to the current mode.
Zone maps maybe be selected in three different ways:
- Click on a square in the minature grid map.
- Enter a full or partial name for a zone into the search box. The search is case insensitive, however a single zone must be uniquely identified from the text for a zone to be displayed.
- Enter coordinates for a zone into the search box, in the format "X,Y" e.g. "-27,24".
|Soresha (Ysora on Halgar)||Design, coding, PoI database and website|
|GM Himmel||Design and coding assistance|
With thanks to
|Cobal (Kobal on Halgar)||Original terrain maps and city maps|
|Maraka (Maraka on Xeth)||PoI database management|
|All the Vanguard PoI Loggers||Submission of data|